2 Chicken Drumsticks with bones and skin removed
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon rice wine
1 teaspoon light soya sauce
Plain Flour (for frying)
1 stalk Spring Onions (for garnishing)
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon of ginger, finely chopped
1 chilli, seeds and stalk removed, finely chopped
Juice from 1 lemon
3 tablespoons of honey
1. Cut the chicken into 3cm wide strips.
2. Place the chicken into a bowl. Add some salt and pepper, soya sauce and rice wine.
3. Mix them up till chicken pieces are uniformly coated. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours (left overnight in the fridge preferred)
Preparing the Spicy Honey and Lemon Sauce
4. Place garlic, ginger and chilli into saucepan and stir fry for 1 ~2 minutes.
5. Mix the honey uniformly with the lemon juice inside a bowl before adding the mixture into the sauce pan
6. Simmer the sauce with low heat until it bubbles. Add some starch to thicken the sauce
Frying the chicken
7. Beat up the egg in a small bowl. Put some flour in a plate. Heat up oil in a wok.
8. Coat the chicken pieces in egg and them coat them with the flour then plae them gently into the heated oil. Fry till the chicken pieces are golden brown.
9. Place the fried chicken aside to drain off excess oil.
10. Transfer the fried chicken onto a plate. Drizzle some spicy honey and lemon sauce onto the chicken.
11. Garnish with spring onions