I've decided to do something with the back bacon in my refrigerator. Bacon and eggs would be a simple fix but I chose to venture just a little further. So, I made the Egg White & Bacon Omelette to go with Hollandaise Sauce. The Hollandaise sauce goes well as a dip for my toast too!
Recipe serves 2 person.
Hollandaise Sauce -
3 oz of butter
1/4 cup whip cream
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 strips of back bacon
Egg whites from 3 eggs
1 small sprig of thyme
Preparing the sauce -
1) Melt the butter in a small saucepan, Remove froth from the surface. Set it aside to cool.
2) Whip the cream till it soften
3) Mix the egg yolks with 2 table spoon of water in a small saucepan. Whisk for 30 seconds. then whisk over very low heat for 2~3 mins until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat. (Do not heat the pan too hot or else you'll end up with scrambled eggs)
4) Add cooled butter a little at a time. Whisk well eachtime the butter is added.
5) Add lemon juice and whisk slowly just to mix.
6) Add whip ceam into mixture and slowly fold them into the mixture with a spoon.
Preparing the Omelette-
1) Grill the back bacon in 250 degrees C heat for 10~15mins or untill edges are charred. Remove to cool.
2) Heat up a small pan in small heat and drizzle the pan with olive oil.
3) Add a layer of egg white and then place 2 slices of the bacon over the egg white.
4) Add more egg white till it covers the bacon (Make sure there's enough egg white for another serving).
5) flip the omelette and heat for 10 seconds and plate the omelette.
6) Repeat for the next omelette
1) Pour the Hollandaise sauce over the omelette
2) Add a little thyme sprig to add a little fragrance
3) Add some black pepper